Vogue Talent’s Scouting for Africa was organized in collaboration with the Nigerian International Business Consortium, and has revealed a list of eleven African designers who stood out in the search, including Nigerian designers Orange Culture, owned by Adebayo Oke-Lawal and O’Milua, an Olajumoke Ademilua outfit.
One of the winners will have a chance to showcase his/her talented creations at the Palazzo Morando in September and also, at the African International Week which will be held from December 2nd to 6th at the new Grand Ball Hall, Lekki in Lagos.
The eleven winners from the contests are listed below:
1. AAks, by Akosua Afriyie-Kumi, Ghana
2. ART/C, by Artsi Ifrach, Morocco
3. Laurenceairline, by Laurence Chauvin-Buthaud, Ivory Coast
4. Loza Maléombho, by Loza Maléombho, Ivory Coast
5. Maxhosa by Laduma, by Laduma Ngxokolo, South Africa
6. Mafrika, by Sadia Mustafa, Malawi
7. Monaa, by Nana and Afua Dabanka, Ghana
8. O ‘Milua, by Olajumoke Ademilua, Nigeria
9. Orange Culture, by Adebayo Oke-Lawal, Nigeria
10.Pichulik, by Katherine-Mary Pichulik, South Africa
11.Simon and Mary, by Dean Pozniak, South Africa