In Lagos 15 cars burnt as fire guts Alausa mechanic village
The mechanic village on Ashabi Cole Street in the Central Business District, Alausa, Lagos has been ravaged by fire.
According to a report by The Punch, the fire which started at about 2:30am lasted several hours leaving over 15 vehicles destroyed with another 10 others partly burnt.
Though, the inferno was brought under control by men of the state Fire Service many hours after it had wrecked havoc in the mechanic village, several motor batteries and generators were also reported to have been lost in the incident.
The report further revealed that a computer services shop, a confectionery shop and Tisco building were some of the properties affected by the inferno.
Tisco building, which shares boundary with the mechanic shop, had printing machines, air conditioners, desktop computers, souvenirs and other items destroyed in the incident.