Following the recent turn the Miss USA pageant has taken since Donald Trump’s racist statement, new judges have been chosen for the competition.
The organizers of the show had initially stated that despite the recent withdrawal by several hosts and sponsors, the show would still go on.
In view of that, new judges have been selected, and they have been chosen from past Miss USAs and Miss Universe’s, TMZ reported.
Nine former Miss USA or Miss Universe contestants and title holders will sit on the panel Sunday night, and they include:
- Rima Fakih (Miss USA 2010)
- Tara Conner (Miss USA 2006)
- Crystle Stewart (Miss USA 2008)
- Nana Meriwether (Miss USA 2012)
- Brook Lee (Ex Miss USA & Miss Universe)
- Leila Umenyiora (Miss Universe 2011)
Originally, Emmitt Smith, Terrence Jenkins, and former Miss Universe Zuleyka Rivera were on the panel, but they dropped out after the Donald Trump controversy exploded.
The pageant will be aired on Sunday, 12th of July on Reelz.