Bishop TD Jakes was recently a special guest on the Steve Harvey’s Show; and he shared some inspirational tips that challenges us to take a look at our lives, change the story if it needs to be changed, and enjoy the journey of life! Steve wanted the Bishop to address and provide some truth about the question that a lot of people often ask themselves.
“What can I do to be happy? .. that’s a big question for alot of people, and you have a system of 5 steps!” Steve asked
You can watch the video below to see the Bishop’s full response; but here are some of the key moments that stuck our hearts during his inspirational advise on the subject with Steve:
- Own your own happiness, a big house is not going to make you happy
- Be responsible for doing those things that brings joy into your heart, independently of life, people, and money..
- Challenge your own story, as people generally have told themselves as story, as if it were THE TRUTH…. when it is a perspective truth..
- Enjoy the journey, and not the destination!! alot of us delay our happiness, when i get to this level, when i get my degree, when i get the kids, when i get married… I’m gonna be happy..
- If you don’t see yourself as valuable, no one else will!!
- Make relationship count.. First of all your relationship with God!! that’s a very important thing to have… because as long as you know that there is somebody in charge, you don’t have to bare the broad of the responsibility and the weight of what’s going on in your life.. You can talk to the boss.
- Enjoy your relationship with your self, cos’ if you don’t like you.. it makes it hard for others to like you!! – Also enjoy the relationship with your spouse, kids and everyone around you.. cos’ nature teaches us, that there is no fruit without a relationships.. you cannot be fruitful by yourself..
- Balance work with play.. if you play real hard, but you don’t work very much.. you’re gonna be fun, but you are gonna be hungry!! .. LOL
Another fun part of this discussion was when Steve mentioned to TD Jakes that: He tells his children that when him and wife are both dead, his kids are going to be upset because he is only going to leave his children with about 5 to 10 percent of his earnings. The reason is because he is going to enjoy the rest with his wife (the mother of their kids); and as you may already predict, the pastor and wise man ‘TD Jakes’ had something to say about that:
It is not what you leave to them that makes them great, it is what you leave in them!! and if you leave enough in them, you don’t have to worry about what you leave to them.
If you leave more to them, than you leave in them, they will run through everything you leave to them.. but if you leave enough in them, you don’t have to leave so much to them, because they can go out there and make there own way in life.