PLATINUM WEDDINGS ON A SILVER BUDGET: Article, Wedding Planner/Coordinator by Chioma of Dure Events, a Golden Icons Contributor
Guest List: RSVP
- Respondez S’il vous Plait Vs. Rice and Stew Very Plenty; Which ever one you choose, just keep in mind that the more guests you have, the more cost you will incur on food, tables, chairs, centerpieces, cake servings and space – BIGGER BALLROOM. Unless your Champagne Dream Wedding is accompanied by a Champagne Budget, cut down on your guest list. The money you use to cater to 300 guests is TOTALLY different from the money you use for 800 guests.
Time-Wise: Give yourself more time
- Anything planned and planned well needs TIME. To plan an ideal wedding, you need about 9 to 12months.
- Planning ahead enables you to save up more money for your dream wedding
- You have more time to shop for vendors, compare and get discounts
- Book all vendors during the first 2months of planning and use the remaining 10months to pay them off. The wedding coordinator WILL NOT pay your remaining balance when they come knocking!!!
The Venue: The “I-Do” Site and The “Let’s-Party” Site
- Choose a location that has beautiful built in features and details. Why should you spend extra money to decorate the site?
- Consider doing your ceremony at the same place as your reception. This is a money saver because you don’t need transportation.
- Choose a site that has lots of parking spaces. Your wallet, Your Guest’s Wallet or Uncle’s wallet will thank you for not doing Valet.
The Liquor – Bottoms Up!!!
- Choose a package that has unlimited soft drinks and water included.
- If you must serve alcohol, put a minimum amount on the Bar. After all, you don’t want your guests driving home drunk. Safety First
- OR, have one alcoholic signature cocktail drink served with Dry Ice to give it an Chic Fog
Wedding Cake: Butter cream Vs. Fondant!
- Yes, a cake can be molded into any beautiful design with fondant but guess what; you can do the same with butter cream.
- More Details more Money; Less details Less money
- Butter cream cakes cost $2-$3.50 per slice v.s. Fondant at $5-$7 per slice = You do the Math!
- Have your baker do a Beautiful Dummy cake. Then make sheet cakes, in your flavor and icing, to be served after the cake cutting ceremony
Décor: Let the Light Shine; Let the Flowers Shed!!
- Up-lightings create elegant Ambiance in a ballroom. Use Up-lightings to show your wedding colors.
- Spend less money on floral centerpieces and use your accent color to dot out details on your table; i.e. table number cards, program, favor boxes, colored napkins etc.
Vendors and Coordinators: We are Here to Serve YOU!!!
- Look for PASSIONATE VENDORS. They are more willing to work with your budget and give you way much more than what you expected. Their Goal is to make the Bride Happy!!
- Hire a Wedding Coordinator and/or Planner that has a wonderful relationship with his or her vendors. Great discounts come with Super Nice Coordinators.
- Pull your vendors and coordinator into your Wedding Dream World. Let them see and feel what you feel.
PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE
- You can get, almost, anything you want by simply being Nice, Friendly, Respectful and Pleasant.
- Some vendors may charge you for the stress if they know you are a difficult bride.
Article, Wedding Planner/Coordinator by Chioma of Dure Events, a Golden Icons Contributor