Robert Downey Jr. & Big Bang are the Big Winners in the 2015 People’s Choice Awards Film And TV Categories
Wednesday evening was all about the fan-favorite ceremony honoring stars in films, television and music, in Los Angeles. The 41st People’s Choice Awards took place once again in a star-studded event hosted by the “Mom” stars, Anna Faris and Allison Janney, at the Nokia Theatre. We brought to you earlier the news about the artists that won big in the music categories. Click here if you missed it!
So, let’s see who the big winners in the film and TV categories are:
The star of “The Judge”, Robert Downey Jr. grabbed 2 “trophies”, picking up the award for “favorite dramatic movie actor” and “favorite movie actor” as well. “This is perfect for me because I love people, I’m crazy about movies, and I prefer people who love my movies”, ‘Iron Man’ said.
Popular TV sitcom, “The Big Bang Theory” also won multiple honors. The show, which has been running since 2007, won the “Favorite Network TV Comedy” and “Favorite TV Show” categories while co-star Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting was fans’ “Favorite Comedic TV Actress”. “We truly have a love and passion for making this show together”, said co-star Johnny Galecki. “Honestly, it’s a dream come true every day, and it’s never lost on any of us for a split-second that it’s entirely due to your love and support”.
In other categories, Ellen DeGeneres was also there to pick up the trophy for “Favorite Daytime TV Host” while Matt Bomer was voted as “Favorite Cable TV Actor”. Chloe Grace Moretz also won the “Favorite Dramatic Movie Actress” while Chris Evans picked up the “Favorite Action Movie Actor” award. “I’ll say 30, 40 percent of the votes were my mom”, joked ‘Captain America’. “But the other 60 percent, it really, really means a lot to me – I’m eternally grateful”.
Furthermore, Melissa McCarthy and Adam Sandler were honored as “Favorite Comedic Movie Actress” and “Favorite Comedic Movie Actor”, respectively. Ben Affleck was selected as the “Humanitarian of The Year” for his work with the “Eastern Congo Initiative”, which he co-founded in 2010 with Whitney Williams. The organization encourages and campaigns for the economic and social growth of the country through various programs.
“Grey’s Anatomy” star Ellen Pompeo accepted the awards for “Favorite Dramatic TV Actress” and the show was voted as the “Favorite Network TV Drama”. “Somehow, this never gets old” Pompeo stated, also sending her own message to the fans of the show: “I have to say it actually gets better. We’re 11 seasons in, and your passion for the show keeps us going”. As for her co-stars, Patrick Dempsey won the “Favorite Dramatic TV Actor” category and Sandra Oh for “Favorite TV Character”.
For a complete listing of the award winners, click here.