Carla Lane, CEO of Lane Staffing, hosted a “A Celebration of Inspiration and Resilience”. In attendance were, Mr. Dmars, Editor and Chief of D-Mars Business Journal, Jeff Boney CEO and founder of Texas Business Alliance, Lauren Williams, Editor of Womentality Magazine and others.
During this special occasion, a charm bracelet with a Palm Tree charm was presented to those she called “Palms”, for like the Palm Tree “they bend and never break” She ended the award presentation by telling a story about an Eagle who made to believe he was a chicken, and unable to fly like an Eagle but rather grounded like a chicken; until the Eagle became aware of his strength and ability to soar above the clouds, with the help of someone who knew he was an eagle and not a chicken. Ms. Lane’s analogy was referring to her husband, and he was presented with an eagle award, as he was that someone, who reminded her that she is an Eagle that can fly.
Lane Staffing Awards & Recognitions (http://www.lanestaff.com):
While our work is rewarding, we’re always delighted and honored when respected organizations recognize our achievements.
- In October 2007, we were awarded the Houston Citizen’s Chamber of Commerce’s Pinnacle Award, this honor is given annually by the chamber for entrepreneurial excellence.
- In January 2008, LaneStaffing CEO, Carla Lane was named one of D-Mars Business Journal ‘s “Women in it to Win It”.
- In September 2008, we received the Strategic Teaming Award presented by the Houston Minority Business Council for those primary suppliers to major corporations who have effectively included MBEs in teams to compete for business.
- In October 2008, LaneStaffing CEO, Carla Lane was named one of Rolling Out Magazine’s list of, Top 25 Women of Houston, for her significant contributions to the community.
- In November 2008, Houston Minority Business Council awarded LaneStaffing the Emerging 10 this award is awarded annually by the Council to ten Houston area minority–owned companies each year who are setting trends and embracing tomorrow’s business marketplace concepts in the new millennium.
- In February 2009, we were named by DiversityBusiness.com as one of the Top 500 African American Owned Businesses in the U.S. The businesses listed range in revenue size from $20 million to over $1 billion, the companies listed represent the nation’s top multicultural earners and challenge the long-held notion that diversity-owned businesses are small or insignificant.
- In April 2009, LaneStaffing CEO, Carla Lane was awarded the Distinguished Alumni Award by the University of Houston.
- In May 2009, our CEO was named one of Houston Business Journal ‘s , inaugural class of “The 40 Under 40”. The award spotlights 40 of the city’s top young business and civic leaders. Those selected showed consistent, outstanding professional achievement and a commitment to community service.
- In August 2009, LaneStaffing was listed as one of Houston Business Journal’s fastest growing woman owned businesses.
- In September 2009, LaneStaffing ranked #23 On Houston Business Journal’s list of Largest Minority Owned Businesses
Photos by Bode Ojo for Golden ICONS Inc. Golden ICONS is a celebrity, lifestyle, inspirational and entertainment magazine tailored to embrace and highlight the outstanding deeds of ICONS and Citizens of Africa, America and Europe.
Event Organized and Catered by: “Kreations by Kanan, Upscale Catering and Event Planning”. For more information about Kreations, contact Nina Morrison at: firstname.lastname@example.org