Caityln Jenner Named One of World’s Most Influential Women Alongside Angelina Jolie, Nicola Sturgeon, Anna Wintour & More!
Caitylyn Jenner – the recently turned transgender female – formerly known as Bruce Jenner, who has been praised by many A-listers in Hollywood and the president of the United States of America, Barrack Obama for coming out as a woman makes one of Woman’s Hour Power List – compiled by Radio 4 – for her willingness to expose her transition story to the world in spite of criticisms from people, according to BBC News.
Other notable women who made this list include, Nicola Sturgeon, the first minister of Scotland and leader of the Scottish National Party was awarded the title of number one most influential woman for her role in negotiations surrounding the future of the British and the European unions.
Anna Wintour, the editor of American vogue also made the list for her ability to influence people about fashion and popular Hollywood actress and philanthropist, Angelina Jolie, was also on the list for her courage in fighting against cancer and the use of her celebrity status to touch the masses, and achieve great heights.
The judging panel was chaired by journalist and broadcaster Emma Barnett, and also included human rights lawyer Helena Kennedy.
The list of the Woman’s Hour Power 2015 top 10 influencers includes:
- Nicola Sturgeon – leader of the SNP
- Anna Wintour – editor-in-chief of American Vogue
- Angelina Jolie – actor, director and humanitarian ambassador
- Katharine Viner – editor of The Guardian
- Camilla Cavendish – director of Downing Street Policy Unit
- Sia – singer, songwriter and music video director
- Caitlyn Jenner – high profile trans woman
- Karen Blackett, CEO, MediaCom UK
- Zanny Minton Beddoes – editor-in-chief of The Economist
- Sara Khan – co-founder of Inspire