2010 Amobi Okoye’s Mission Trip to Africa, an opportunity to give back to global communities at large
The Amobi Okoye Foundation, Inc established a mission trip to Africa as a means of providing professional athletes the opportunity to give back to global communities at large. This year marked the third annual trip to Nigeria, West Africa. These professional athletes and entertainers collaboratively work throughout the trip to help improve living conditions while providing an opportunity for a better future for the underprivileged.
A few months back, we posted a documentary of the trip, and we now have a different coverage below:
According to the foundation’s website (http://www.amobiokoyefoundation.org), below are some lists of past, present and future community philanthropic/commitment efforts by the Amobi Okoye’s foundation with some of its partners and sponsors.
- Youth Soccer Sponsorship– In conjunction with Nike, Inc we sponsored the Enugu Rangers, outfitting them with all the proper equipment needed to play soccer.
- Water Program- Funded and oversaw the completion of water wells in one of many villages in dire need of clean water.
- ADCI [Athletes in Diaspora Community Intervention] Medical Clinic– With the assistance of The Medical Bridges Organization, a 40foot container of medical equipment and supplies were donated for distribution. Medical team of doctors and nurses from the ACCI organization (Africa Cancer Care, Inc.) screened for cancer and treated other regular illnesses while also hosting workshops for the medical professionals through their ‘train the trainer” program.
- Youth Soccer Outreach Program– As part of the camp the youths were taught the proper ways of how to play soccer. The youth were shown drills, exercises, scrimmages, and group talks.
- Books Abroad– In conjunction with Katy ISD (Independent School District) and the Katy Rotary Club, approximately over 30, 000 books and supplies were donated.
- Kick-Off 4 Kids; Physical Activity/American Football Camp– To teach children the fundamentals and techniques of American Football while promoting physical activity
Photos provided by: Amobi Okoye Foundation